Instagram

14 September 2014

GREAT OCEAN ROAD







   

|| Surf | Apostles | Ocean Route ||


This weekend I ticked off the last thing on my (huge) list to complete in Australia - The Great Ocean Road. It's so surreal that my 10 months in the land down under have almost come to an end. After grabbing a map for the Information centre in Port Fairy we were on our way.

Apparently the coastal route is popular for spotting wild Koalas. Failed to spot any. We also headed to Warrnambool for a bit of whale watching. Another Fail. We did experience plenty of Kangaroo wildlife jumping in front of our paths, as well as the traditional sight seeing of the 12 Apostles rock formation & other lookout points along the Shipwreck coast. If you're heading this way soon, beware - coach loads of people waving their Selfie Sticks around. 

After a very scenic drive, where my excellent driving skills came into play dodging the weekend cyclist traffic, passing through more sea side coastal towns, we finally arrived in Torquay, famous for its brilliant surf at Bells Beach. I was prepared for the High Street full of surf gear. However I was not prepared for getting an incredibly sweet deal of 40% off ski gear! With New Zealand & Canada fast approaching it is perfect timing to wrap up warm. Now I just have to figure out how to get them across the world without my backpack bursting. 

Holly

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *